Dementia Friendly Program
Businesses operating in the community often interact with individuals with Alzheimer’s or dementia. Grand Haven acknowledges that working with people with dementia can be challenging. We offer an in-person training program that will help you and your employees do business with these individuals more effectively while maintaining the respect and dignity of the customer.
Why be a Dementia Friendly Business?
Employees will learn how to :
- Recognize customers that may be living with dementia
- Effectively interact with those individuals
- Be aware of the resources available
- Exhibit Good Customer Service
About the dementia friendly traning
- 20-30 mintue on-site training for all stuff
- Flexible to meet your busy schedule
- Resources for employees who are unable to attend
Benefits for being a Dementia Friendly Business
- Receive Purple Angel Decal for your store front and website
- A picture of employees with a banner that states “We are dementia friendly”
- Opportunities for marketing with articles in the local newspaper, on social media, and in newsletters
Get more information about our dementia friendly program.